Week 2 is over
Visiting my girlfriend
I slept 9 hours once again.
The first thing after waking up was calling my girlfriend. It turned out that I have a green light to visit her at Copenhagen where she is studying. We spend the next few hours on figuring out the most effective way for me to travel there. It was quite difficult because in the next few weeks I’m going to have a lot of business trip.
In the next 2 weeks, I’m going to conduct few workshops and speak about UX in front of eager to learn public. It’s going to be fun 😉
Chat and work
I combined time for breakfast in “Friends and family” and I will continue to combine a few things from my daily routines to one another. Just to save time.
I also met with my friend for a quick chat.
Rest of the day was just working. Writing up the blog posts (#007-#014) and running errands on the previous ones took me quite some time (around 7h)
Summary of the “Week #002”
The last thing for the day was to do the weekly planning and set up things to do tomorrow.
Comparing results with assumptions
These were the assumptions regarding my time during the week.
Most of it came close to the reality.
- underestimated time for family & friends (relationships) (although there were emergency situations)
- didn’t do any learning
- didn’t exercise enough
In average, the rest was just ok. It’s definitely possible to relay on these assumptions
10 things that I’m proud of in the previous week
- Setting up a blog
- Writing all the blog posts (not having any delay)
- Helping a family
- Having fun with my friends
- Planning the trip to visit my girlfriend
- Finishing the task regarding UX course
- Keeping track of the time
- Noticing when I was tired and acted on it
- Tracking your day is very helpful
- Track your sleep time in order to find out the best time to relax
- Have to prepare imagery for blog at the end of the day to avoid 24h + toggl reports (first screens on every blog posts)
What didn’t happen and why (be honest)
- I didn’t “rebrand myself”
- The writing blog posts took me more of my time that I expected
- There were some unpredictable situations that I didn’t take into consideration while planning last week agenda
- I didn’t run
- There were other things to do. I have to take care of that because the increased amount of sleep needed might be caused by not doing workouts.
- I didn’t record missing vlogs
- It was the last priority but nevertheless, I overestimated my ability to do work.
Next week goals
- Publish all of the blog posts
- Rebrand myself
- Record the vlogs
- Run at least twice
- Finish the goals regarding UX Course (I can’t reveal the details)
- Go to Warsaw for “Mentorship’s day” and the birthday party hosted by the company which I created UX course for.
Next week in few words
Next week is going to be focused on the company I’m creating the UX Course for.
On Wednesday I’m going to talk about the UX course with the other UX designer who I collaborate with. At Thursday and Friday I’ll be at Mentorship’s day – an event where all the mentors of the workshops provided by the company, meet and talk about improving work, devising solutions, exchange experience and so on.
At the end of Friday, everybody will have a good time at a 5th birthday party of the company.
I hope I’ll find a time to rebrand myself because that’s the main priority of this week.
Plan for #015
Publishing the blog posts
Start rebranding myself
Working at the UX Course